Program will not be offered in 2010, but may be offered in future; interested students should return to this site for information.
- England's theatrical, artistic, and political center
- Site of Abbey Road Studios
- Ideally located for travel to France, Scotland, Ireland & the continent
- To Be Determined
- Summer Program
- Classes conducted at the IES Center in Bloomsbury District near the British Museum.
- Visit the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES) Web site and select "London" from list of programs.
- IU School of Music Professor Glenn Gass
- 18-20 IU students
- The Beatles in London (MUS Z320) AH
- 3 IU credit hours
- In-depth look at the music, lives, and times of the Beatles
- 2-hour lecture each morning
- Afternoons devoted to Beatle-related walking tours, subway journeys and bus trips; movies and videos
- 6-Day Trip to Liverpool (May 25-31)
Consider remaining in London for an additional six weeks to earn 6 additional credits in politics, history, art and theater. See the IES Summer in London flyer.
- Student residence hall in central London with other American students and Youth Hostel in Liverpool.
Additional Program Information
- Visit the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES) Web site and select "London" from list of programs
EligibilityYou may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress and
- have an overall cumulative GPA of approximately 3.0.
- Preference to students who have completed Z401, The Music of the Beatles, Z201 or Z202, The History of Rock and Roll.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs, only if you are enrolled in 6 credits in IU summer sessions, with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
To Be Determined
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU: (tuition, housing, some meals, excursions, health insurance)
- Indiana resident: $3,360
- Non-resident: $3,860
Meals: $500 - $700 International airfare: $800 - $1,000