IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Britain's political, literary and intellectual capital
- International financial and cultural center
- June 1 to July 25, 2010
- Summer Internship Program through Arcadia University's College of Global Studies
- 50-70 U.S. students, including students from other CIC (Big Ten) institutions
- 3-credit Internship placement 3 days per week in London's commercial, healthcare, media, or government industries, with independent academic project
- 3-credit core course, "Working in the UK and EU: the politics, sociology, and public policy of the professions" (POLS-Y 407 or SOC-S 360)
- Apartments in central London with other American students.
- All current Arcadia University accommodation in London is equipped with high-speed Internet access through either a standard Ethernet network or a wireless network.
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Business majors must be enrolled in or have completed the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework at an IU campus outside Bloomington) and ECON E201 and E202.
Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP) students must have completed BUS K201, ECON E201 and E202.
Finance, investment, and banking placements require a 3.5 GPA and relevant work experience.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- For Business students: Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from Arcadia. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from Arcadia.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fee paid to IU: $200 Fee paid to Arcadia*: $5,000 (tuition, health insurance, housing, orientation) Meals: $1,000 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted fee for CIC students. Airfare, personal expenses, and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due to Arcadia University upon acceptance.
* Special discounted fee for CIC students.
Airfare, personal expenses, and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due to Arcadia University upon acceptance.