- Thriving and dynamic theatre district, West End, National, Globe & many others
- Exciting and unique fabric shopping
- Site of major costume studios like Angels & Berman's
- Major museums including some of the world's greatest costume collections
- May 13 to June 5, 2010
- Costume & Character in London Theatre Summer Program
- Classes conducted at the IES Center in Bloomsbury District near the British Museum
- Visit the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES) Web site and select "London" from list of programs.
- IU Theatre and Drama Professor Linda Pisano
- 15-20 IU students
- Costume & Character in London Theatre (Undergrad: T323; Grad: T523)
- 3 IU credit hours
- Experience theatrical character development through costume design. Survey social influences on costume and dress worn by characters during various periods in history including contemporary trends and dress.
- 3-hour lecture each morning
- Afternoons devoted to costume studios & collections, museum visits, live theatre performances, theatre tours, and fabric shopping and designing.
- Overnight excursion to Bath to experience the Costume Museum and ancient Roman Baths
- One day excursion to Stratford, birthplace of Shakespeare and home of the Royal Shakespeare Company, including walking tour and live theatre performance
- Shared rooms in student residence hall in Chelsea
Additional Program Information
EligibilityYou may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress and
- have an overall cumulative GPA of approximately 3.0.
- Preference to undergraduate applicants who have studied theatre, art history or apparel design and to graduate students in the Department of Theatre & Drama.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs, only if you are enrolled in 6 credits in IU summer sessions, with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU: (tuition, excursions, health insurance, housing)
- Indiana resident undergraduate: $3,714
- Non-Resident undergraduate: $4,014
Graduate students please inquire Meals: $500 International airfare: $850 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial pre-payment of $500 due March 1, 2010.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial pre-payment of $500 due March 1, 2010.