IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Australia's most international city
- Rich cultural diversity with a population of 3.2 million people
- June 19 to July 31, 2010
- Summer Program with the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- 40-50 U.S. students
- 6 credits in two courses organized by the Australian Centre of the University of Melbourne
- Required course "Politics, Society and Identity in Australia" (3cr: POLS-Y 362 or SOC-S 360) SH
- Select one of the following:
- "Cross-Cultural Currents: Indigenous and Multicultural Issues in Australia" (3cr: ANTH-E 400)* SH
- Australian Internship (3 cr: FRST-F 400)
- "Australia in the World: Controversies, Conflicts and Debates" (3 cr: POLS-Y 401) SH
- All students will be housed in apartments approximately a 15 minute walk to class and a 10 minute tram ride to the city center.
- For students enrolled in the "Cross-Cultural Currents" course, during week 5, accommodations in Alice Springs will be provided as well as at Uluru (Ayers Rock). Alice Springs accommodations will be motel-style, and you will camp at Uluru (Ayers Rock) and at an Australian cattle ranch.
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college,
- are academically prepared for courses available on this program
(primarily 300-level social sciences and humanities courses), and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- IES Need-based, Merit-based, Diversity Scholarships, Legacy Scholarships and Disability Grants available. Visit IES Web site and select "Scholarships" from top navigation bar.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 15, 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from IES. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from IES.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU portion of fee: $365 IES portion of fee*: $5,255-$6,125 (academic fees, housing, orientation trip, field study visits, health insurance) Meals: $630 International airfare: $1,400 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* IES fee varies depending upon course selection. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due upon acceptance.
* IES fee varies depending upon course selection.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due upon acceptance.