IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Cultural and political center of France
- One of Europe's most captivating cities
- May 31 to July 9, 2010
- Summer Program with the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- Center in Montparnasse on the Left Bank
- Courses in French for IES students
- Field trips and cultural events
- 40 IU and other U.S. students
6 IU credits for 2 courses:
- Students with 2 or 3 semesters of French:
- Intensive French Language and Culture course (FRIT-F 296 and either FRIT-F 200 or FRIT-F250)
- Students with 4 or more semesters of French:
- French language course (FRIT-F 315 or 316) and
- One of the following: (3 credits each)
- Impressionism and Post Impressionism (FINA-A 396) AH
- History of Paris (FRIT-F 362* AH or HIST-B 300 SH)
- Paris in 19th- and 20th-century French Literature (FRIT-F 375*) AH
- Contemporary France (FRIT-F 363*) AH
- French home with another U.S. student, some meals
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- have completed or are enrolled at least first year French by the end of this spring,
- have at least a B average in French, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- IES Need-based, Merit-based, Diversity Scholarships, Legacy Scholarships and Disability Grants available. Visit IES Web site and select "Scholarships" from top navigation bar.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 15, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU portion of fee: $365 IES portion of fee: $6,675 (academic fees, housing, some meals, orientation, field trips, health insurance) Additional meals: $450 International airfare: $1,000-1,300
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 12, 2010.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 12, 2010.