IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Aegean island 90 miles southeast of Athens
- Frequent boats to Athens, easy access to other islands
- Relaxed, friendly base for study of contemporary Greek life
- June 19 - July 17, 2010
- Summer Program with the College Year in Athens (CYA)
- Approximately 20 U.S. students
- 4 IU credits in Anthropology E326, "Encountering Modern Greece: Service Learning and Anthropology on the Island of Paros"
- Improve your skills of cross-cultural understanding, while learning about the history, culture, and society of modern Greece
- Active participation in the local community through service learning projects
- Instruction in English by IU Professor Susan Buck Sutton
- Frequent field trips and exercises on Paros: optional weekend trip to island of Santorini
- Reflect on the nature and impact of tourism, while developing your capacity for thoughtful travel
- Optional three-week companion program in Athens for a broader examination of Greece. Discount of $200 for students who enroll in more than one CYA summer course.
- Shared hotel room in port town of Paroikia
Additional Program Information
- College Year in Athens Web site
- Contact Professor Susan Sutton by e-mail at ssutton [at] iupui [dot] edu
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your second full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs, only if you are enrolled in 6 credits in IU summer sessions, with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CYA. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CYA.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU: $336 (includes insurance) CYA fee: $2,800 (academic fees, room, required field trips) Additional meals (on own): $870 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $400 due to CYA upon acceptance.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $400 due to CYA upon acceptance.