IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Coastal capital of Western Australia on the Indian Ocean
- City of one-and-a-half million people surrounded by spectacular natural environment
- February to June --OR--
July to November
- Semester Program with The University of Western Australia (15,000 students, with 2,000 international students)
- Full range of university courses, including strong programs in biological sciences, economics, geology, Asian studies, anthropology, and aboriginal studies
(Check the University of Western Australia course timetable for details.)
- All classes with Australian students
- 12-15 credits per term in four University courses
- Small-group tutorials,term papers
- Single rooms in residential colleges OR independent housing
Housing is not arranged by Overseas Study just as Australian students do. Students must apply independently for housing in Perth. Students interested in living on-campus in a residential college should apply for this option, even before they are accepted to the program. Please visit the University of Western Australia’s Accommodation Service for details about living on-campus.
Overseas Study encourages students to apply for more than one residential college simultaneously as there is limited space available. Some residential colleges will require an application fee and an extensive application. If there is no availability in the residential colleges, students will need to consider other housing options such as living off-campus in independent apartments. All students are eligible to apply for temporary accommodation during the first few weeks in Perth while they search for other housing options. If you have questions, please contact Overseas Study.
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Limited number of exchange scholarships for Indiana residents.
(To apply, complete Australia Exchange application after you apply online for this program.)
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Overseas Study Minority Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: February 22, 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from UWA. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from UWA.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
Fees paid to IU: $640 Tuition & fees paid to University of Western Australia: $10,263 Average room and board paid to University of Western Australia: $4,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
*Costs will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
*Costs will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.