IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Capital of Czech Republic
- Stunning architecture from many centuries
- Beautiful hilltop site on winding Vltava River
- January to May --OR--
late August to December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at Charles University
- 50-60 U.S. students
- Two-week orientation in spa town outside Prague
- Courses available in Czech history, economics, politics, psychology, music, literature, art and architecture, film and theater, and social issues
- Study tours to Bohemia and Moravia
- 16 IU credits
- 4-credit course in Czech (5 levels)
- 12 credits in:
- CIEE courses taught in English by Charles University faculty for program students only
- Cinema Studies courses at Prague Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU)
- Optional internship (3 credits) in areas such as Forum 2000, NGOs, education, local orphanages, or local newspapers
- Dormitory with Czech and Slovak students
- Homestay (breakfast and dinner provided)
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- are taking (or have completed) 2 courses in economics, history or a social science, and
- have a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Preference given to students with a background in general European or Central European studies from History, Sociology, Economics, Political Science or Literature.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: February 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Spring 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $12,825 (tuition, room, board, excursions, medical insurance and visa fees) Meals: $1,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 8, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 8, 2010 for fall; October for spring.