IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Economic and intellectual capital of Brittany
- Gateway to picturesque Breton peninsula
- January to June --OR--
September to December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at University of Haute Bretagne
- 35 U.S. students
- 2-week cultural and linguistic orientation
- 14-17 IU credits
- Courses for foreign students at the Centre International Rennais d'Etude de Français pour les Etrangers (CIREFE) at six levels in French language, culture, history, and literature.
- Option to teach English in French primary or secondary levels (elective credit)
- Visits to Normandy, Brittany, Loire Valley
- September or January
- 2-credit course in intensive French
- October-January or February-June
- 12-15 credits for CIREFE courses
- Advanced students may be eligible to take classes at the University of Haute Bretagne taught in French, alongside French students.
- French homes
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- are in at least fourth-semester French, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA and a B average in French.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $13,110 (tuition, room, board, medical insurance, field trips, visa fees, carte de séjour) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.