- Lively university city
- Arcaded Plaza Mayor, handsome historic buildings
- Easy access to Madrid, Segovia, Leon, Portugal
- July 3 to August 14, 2010
- Summer Program at the University of Salamanca's renowned Cursos Internacionales
- 1,300 foreign students (35-45 from IU)
- IU faculty resident director: Daniela Schuvaks Katz, IUPUI Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Spanish grammar, conversation, and culture taught by native speakers
- 8-12 students per class
- 6 IUB credits
- 3 credits in HISP-S 317 Spanish Conversation*
- 3 credits in HISP-OS 300**
(or comparable credit on other IU campuses)
- Both courses count toward Spanish minor at IU Bloomington
* Note: Students who place in intermediate Spanish will receive elective credit instead
**Note: -OS 100 (-OS 300) is the default designation to identify courses recorded as 100-level (300-level) undistributed credit that can count in total hours toward graduation and may be able to satisfy major, minor, or distributional requirements with the approval of participant's school.
- Double rooms in Spanish homes
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- have completed or are enrolled in at least fifth-semester Spanish this year,
- have attained at least a B average in Spanish, and
- have an overall cumulative GPA of approximately a 2.75.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- Most IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 15, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU (academic fees, room, board, insurance)
- Indiana resident: ,$4,121
- Non-resident: $4,621
International airfare: $1,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 12, 2010.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 12, 2010.