IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Cultural, economic and political capital of Chile
- Poised between Andes mountains and Pacific Ocean
- February to early July --OR--
July to December
- Semester or Academic Year Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the Universidad de Chile and the Pontificia Universidad Católica
- 45 U.S. students
- 2-week 2-credit presession Contemporary Chile course for CIEE students only
- Wide range of courses in humanities, social sciences, mathematics and science at the Universidad de Chile and the Universidad Católica with Chilean students
- February or July
- 2-credit presession Contemporary Chile course
- March-July or August-December
- 13-15 IU credits in Chilean university courses
- 3 credits in Spanish language (optional, depending on level)
- Chilean homes
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have taken or are enrolled in at least sixth semester Spanish, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA and a B average in Spanish.
- Participants will automatically receive a Pauline Eck $750 scholarship for a limit of one semester.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010 or Academic Year 2010-11: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $12,255 (includes tuition, room, meals, medical insurance, field trips) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.