IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Cultural, economic and political capital of Chile
- Poised between Andes mountains and Pacific Ocean
- Sophisticated, modern city of more than five million residents
- May 30 to July 16, 2010
- Summer Health Studies Program with the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- 15-20 U.S. students
- IES "Health Studies" summer program*
- IES clinical observation internship in areas such as health services administration, adolescent and sexual concerns, nutrition and health, multidisciplinary approach to addictions, mothers and children's health care and urgent care
- Required Spanish language course for medical practitioners
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors IES program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all IES tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- Program requires enrollment in Spanish language course for medical practitioners and the clinical observation internship.
- 7 IU credits
- Spanish for medical practitioners (4 credits)
- Clinical Observation Internship (3 credits)
- Students live in private homes in Santiago with families
- Homestay hosts provide 3 meals per day, 7 days per week
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college
- will have completed at least four semesters of college level Spanish or the equivalent and
- have approximately an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- IES Need-based, Merit-based, Diversity Scholarships, Legacy Scholarships and Disability Grants available. Visit IES Web site and select "Scholarships" from top navigation bar.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU portion of fee: $393 IES portion of fee*: $5,995 (academic fees, housing and meals, orientation, field trips, health insurance) International airfare: $1,600 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 1, 2010.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 1, 2010.