IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Largest city in South America
- Vibrant, multifaceted culture
- January to July --OR--
June to December --OR--
June to July
- Semester or Academic Year Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the Pontificia Universidade Catolica de São Paulo
- 25 U.S. students
- Liberal Arts program* track
- 15-17 IU credit hours
- 4-week presession for CIEE students only
- Intensive Portuguese (3 cr)
- Contemporary Brazil Seminar (3 cr)
- Required program courses in oral and written Portuguese and Brazilian culture, area studies courses in a variety of disciplines including humanities, social sciences, mathematics and science with Brazilian students at University of São Paulo or Pontifica Universidad Catolica de São Paulo (PUC) or Fandação Armando Alvares Penteado (FAAP) (9-11 cr)
- Optional internship (3 cr)
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- Apartments or Brazilian homestay
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have completed four semesters of Portuguese, OR two semesters of Portuguese and two semesters of Spanish, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010 or Academic Year 2010-11: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $14,630 (tuition, orientation, medical insurance, field trips, room and board) Additional meals: $950 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.