IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Political and cultural capital of Andalucía
- Vibrant business environment
- Moorish architecture and gateway to North Africa
- January to late May --OR--
late August to December
- Semester Business Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) with the Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Approximately 30 U.S. students (fall); 80 U.S. students (spring)
- CIEE Business and Society Program track*
- Required 2-week Business Spanish course
- Business-related courses taught in Spanish by Faculty in Ciencias Economicas y Empresariales for program participants only
- Humanities and social science courses that are part of the CIEE Liberal Arts Program
- Regular university courses with Spanish students working on degrees in business administration at Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Unpaid optional internship for credit
- Satisfies International Dimension Requirement
- 15 IU credits applicable to Business degree
- 3 credits in Business Spanish
- 6 credits in program business courses in Spanish
- 3 credits in program business course or mainstreamed business OR humanities/social science course in Spanish
- 3 credits in business internship (either semester) or one mainstreamed course
- Spanish homes or student residences
Additional Program Information
EligibilityYou may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- are a business major or minor or LAMP student,
- have taken or are enrolled in at least fifth semester Spanish, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a B average in Spanish
Business majors must have completed (or will complete) E201, E202 and the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework at an IU campus outside Bloomington) and have a 3.0 GPA.
Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP) students must have completed BUS K201 and ECON E201 and E202
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $11,875 (tuition, room, board, orientation, medical insurance, field trips) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.