IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Vibrant political and cultural capital of Andalucía
- Monumental city known for being the setting of The Barber of Seville, Carmen, and Don Juan
- January to May --OR--
late August to December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the Escuela de Ingenieros in the University of Seville
- 35 U.S. students
- "Language and Society" program track*
- 15 IU credits
- All courses taught in Spanish
- Classes in Spanish grammar, conversation, composition and phonetics
- Spanish area studies courses taught in Spanish by University faculty for CIEE students only
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- January or September
- 3-credit presession in intensive Spanish
- February-May or October-December
- 6 credits in 2 Spanish language courses
- 6 credits in 2 CIEE area studies courses
- Spanish homes or student residences
Additional Program Informaton
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have taken or are enrolled in second year Spanish*, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA and a B average in Spanish.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $11,875 (tuition, housing and all meals, orientation, field trips and insurance) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.