IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Vibrant political and cultural capital of Andalucía
- Monumental city known for being the setting of The Barber of Seville, Carmen, and Don Juan.
- Early January to late June --OR--
Early September to December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)at the University of Seville and at the University Pablo de Olavide
- 200 U.S. students
- "Liberal Arts" program* track
- 15 IU credits
- All courses taught in Spanish
- Courses in language, humanities and social sciences taught in Spanish by University of Seville faculty for international students only
- 1 course at the University of Seville or the University Pablo de Olavide with Spanish students (spring program only)
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- January or September
- Two week intensive course in Spanish language, art, literature or history (3 credits)
- February-May or October-December
- 9-12 credits in 4 or 5 program courses
- 3 credits in a University of Seville or University Pablo de Olavide course (spring only)
- Spanish homes
- Student residences
Additional Program Information
EligibilityYou may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have taken or are enrolled in at least fifth semester Spanish, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA and a B average in Spanish.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $11,875 (tuition, housing and all meals, orientation, field trips and insurance) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.