IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Australia's oldest city—also known as the Harbor City
- City of four million people surrounded by spectacular natural environment with attractions such as the Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge.
- February to end of June--OR--
July to November
- Semester Program at the Faculty of Economics and Business School at the University of Sydney
- University of Sydney provides an extensive on-site orientation program, offering visits to local landmarks and informational sessions on such topics as safety and security in Sydney and Australia, cultural adjustment, and politics and current affairs in Australia.
- Participants can take business courses in marketing, finance, management, business law, accounting, and information systems and a wide variety of general education courses.
- 16 IU credits (4 courses)
- Apartments around Sydney
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a business major or are admitted to the Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP)*,
- are making normal academic progress at any Indiana University campus,
- have completed at least four full-time semesters of college,
- have successfully completed (or will complete) ECON E201, ECON E202, and the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework at an IU campus outside Bloomington), and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
*LAMP students must have completed BUS K201 and ECON E201 and E202
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: February 22, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from the University of Sydney. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from the University of Sydney.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Spring 2010 Semester
Fees paid to IU: $650 Tuition & fees paid to University of Sydney*: $9,029 (including mandatory health insurance) Average rent: $3,200 - $6,500 Books and supplies: $250-$500 Meals: $1,500 -1,800 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details
*will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
*will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.