- City of Water and Light
- Renaissance and Baroque art and architectureal masterpieces
- 3 hours from Florence
- May 22 to June 25, 2010
- Summer Program
- Printmaking (etching and monoprint) and Artist Book courses taught in English by IU Assistant Professor Althea Murphy-Price and Italian faculty.
- Program located in the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica
- International atmosphere, possibly with the participation of a small number of Italian students
- Class trips to churches and palaces; day trips to Padua and Verona; weekends free for individual travel
- 12-15 U.S. students
Academic Program6 credits in 2 IU Fine Arts courses
*S240 and S341 meet COAS arts and humanities requirement.
Courses can count toward School of Fine Arts 2d and 3d distribution requirements.
- Shared furnished apartments (double or triple bedrooms) with kitchens, a 20-minute walk from the studios.
Additional Program Information
You may apply if, by mid-January, you
- are a student at any U.S. college or university who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your second full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 out of 4.0 cumulative GPA.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- New IU School of Fine Arts Scholarships; $1,500 each. All IU applicants will be automatically considered for these scholarships; no separate scholarship application form is required.
- Most IU scholarships and loans applicable to program costs.
- IU graduate students may be able to use their departmental fee remissions toward program fee
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU (tuition, housing, insurance)
- Indiana resident: $4,778
- Non-resident: $5,278
Graduate students and students from other universities, please inquire. Meals: $750-1,200 International airfare: $1,100 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 1, 2010.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 1, 2010.