IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Pacific coast setting
- Gateway to beaches, rain forest, national parks
- 50 miles south of Sydney
- February to June --OR--
July to November
- Semester Program at the University of Wollongong (13,000 students)
- Full range of university courses in humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and Australian Studies
(Check the University of Wollongong course timetable for details.)
- All classes with Australian students
- 12-15 credits per term in four University courses
- Small-group tutorials, term papers.
- Single rooms in residential colleges, apartments or dorms OR independent housing
Overseas Study encourages students to apply for more than one housing option simultaneously as there is limited space available. Some housing options will require an application fee and an extensive application. If you have questions, please contact Overseas Study. If there is no availability in University accommodation, students will need to consider other housing options such as private rental accommodation. If you have questions, please contact Overseas Study.
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Limited number of exchange scholarships available for Indiana residents and $500-$750 grants available for a limited number of non-exchange Indiana residents. (To apply, complete Australia Exchange application when you apply online for this program.)
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Profile of Cody Whitesell who studied abroad in Wollongong, Australia.
Fall 2010: February 22, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from Wollongong. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from Wollongong.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
Fees paid to IU: $640 Tuition & fees paid to Univ. of Wollongong: $7,949 Average room and board paid to Univ. of Wollongong: $4,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Costs will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
* Costs will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.