Distinguished International Service Award
The Distinguished International Service Award recognizes extraordinary contributions by individuals, groups, and public or private organizations associated with IU whose actions have had a substantial impact on promoting international understanding and service.
Promoting international understanding and service is broadly defined as leadership or creative participation that significantly and demonstrably advances respect for the institutions, languages, cultures, and peoples of the world. This includes, but is not limited to, actions that have benefited or brought distinction to IU in some of the following ways:
- Creating a welcoming environment for international students, scholars, and visitors
- Fostering the engagement of IU faculty, staff, and students in international aid and service organizations in overseas communities
- Encouraging business and civic cooperation between Indiana organizations and counterparts abroad
- Offering outstanding service in international diplomacy, technical assistance, philanthropy, or work with volunteer agencies
- Facilitating the mission of the IU Office of the Vice President for International Affairs