PAPERS OF JIM DAVIS
- (with W. Lück)
The topological K-theory of certain crystallographic groups, Journal of Noncommutative Geometry,
7 (2013) 373-431.
- (D. Fisher, B. Kalinin, and R. Spatzier, with an appendix by J. F. Davis)
Global rigidity and higher rank Anosov actions on tori and nilmanifolds, Journal of the American Mathematical Society,
26 (2013) 167-198.
The work of Tom Farrell and Lowell Jones in topology and geometry, Pure and Applied Mathematics Quarterly,
Special Issue: In honor of F. Thomas Farrell and Lowell E. Jones, Part 1 of
2, 8 (2012) 1-14.
- (with Q. Khan and A. Ranicki) Algebraic K-theory over the infinite dihedral group: an algebraic approach, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 11 (2011), 2391-2436.
- (with F. Quinn and H. Reich) Algebraic K-theory over the infinite dihedral group: a controlled topology approach, Journal of Topology, 4 (2011), 505-528.
Isomorphism conjectures for the mapping class group, L'Enseignement Mathematique, 54 (2008), 74-75. Addendum
- (with J. Brookman and Q. Khan) Manifolds homotopy equivalent to P^n # P^n, Mathematische Annalen, 338 (2007), 947-962. Correction
- A two component link with Alexander polynomial one is concordant to the Hopf link, Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, 140 (2006), 265-268.
- (with S. Naik) Alexander polynomials of equivariant slice and ribbon knots in S^3, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 358 (2006), 2949-2964.
- The Borel/Novikov conjectures and stable diffeomorphisms of 4-manifolds, Geometry and Topology of Manifolds, Fields Institute Communications, 47, American Mathematical Society, (2005), 63-76.
- (with A. Adem and O. Unlu) Fixity and free group actions on products of spheres, Commentarii Mathematici Helvetici, 79 (2004), 758-778.
- (with F. Connolly) The surgery obstruction groups of the infinite dihedral group, Geometry and Topology, 8 (2004), 1043-1078.
- (with W. Lück) The p-chain spectral sequence, K-Theory, 30 (2003), 71-104.
- (with K. Pearson) The Gromov-Lawson-Rosenberg conjecture for cocompact Fuchsian groups. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 131 (2003), 3571-3578. Correction
- (with L. Anderson) Mod 2 cohomology of combinatorial Grassmannians, Selecta Mathematica, New Series, 8 (2002), 161-200.
- (with A. Adem) Topics in transformation groups, Handbook of Geometric Topology, North Holland, (2002) 1-54.
- (with L. Anderson) There is no tame triangulation of the infinite real Grassmannian, Advances in Applied Mathematics, 26 (2001), 226-236.
- Manifold aspects of the Novikov conjecture, Surveys in Surgery
Theory, Vol. 1, Annals of Mathematics Studies 145, Princeton
University Press (2000), 195-224.
- (with S. Weinberger) Characteristic fixed-point sets of semifree actions on spheres, Communications in Pure and Applied Mathematics, 52 (1999), 935-947.
- (with W. Lück) Spaces over a category and assembly maps in isomorphism
conjectures in K- and L-theory, K-Theory, 3 (1998), 201-252.
- The rational symmetric signature for manifolds with finite fundamental
group, Topology, 37 (1998), 895-911.
- (with S. Weinberger) Obstructions to propagation of group actions,
Boletin de la Sociedad Matematica Mexicana, (3) 2 (1996), 1-14.
- The homology of irregular dihedral branched covers of $S^3$, Mathematische
Annalen, 301 (1995), 519-528.
- The homology of cyclic branched covers of $S^3$, Mathematische
Annalen, 301 (1995), 507-518.
- (with G. Katz) Equivariant semicharacteristics and induction,
Topology and its Applications, 51 (1993), 41-52.
- (with C. Livingston) Alexander polynomials of periodic knots, Topology,
30 (1991), 551-564.
- (with R. J. Milgram) Free actions on a product of spheres: The rational
case, Mathematische Zeitschrift, 307 (1991), 379-390.
- (with C. Livingston) Periodic knots, Smith theory, and Murasugi's
congruence, L'enseignement Mathematique, 37 (1991), 1-9.
- (with R. J. Milgram) Semicharacteristics, bordism, and free group
actions, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 312 (1989), 55-83.
- (with T. tom Dieck) Some exotic actions of dihedral groups on spheres, Indiana University Mathematics Journal, 37 (1988), 431-450.
- Evaluation of odd-dimensional surgery obstructions with finite fundamental group, Topology, 27 (1988), 179-204.
- Relative semicharacteristic classes, Mathematical Proceedings
of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, 102 (1987), 297-302.
- (with A. Ranicki) Semi-invariants in surgery, K-Theory, 1
- (with S. Weinberger) Group actions on homology spheres, Inventiones mathematicae, 86 (1986), 209-231.
- (with P. Loeffler), A note on simple duality, Proceedings of
the American Mathematical Society, 94 (1985), 343-347.
- Higher diagonal approximations and skeletons of K(\pi,1)'s, Algebraic
and Geometric Topology, Proceedings, Rutgers 1983, Lecture Notes in Mathematics
1126, Springer-Verlag (1985), 61-71.
- The surgery semicharacteristic, Proceedings of the London Mathematical
Society, (3) 47 (1983), 411-428. Clarification
- A remark on "Homotopy equivalences and free modules", Topology ,
22 (1983), 487-488.
- Evaluation of the Swan finiteness obstruction, Thesis, Stanford University,