Jewish Studies Certificate Requirements
for Students Enrolling at IUB Beginning Summer 2011 through Spring 2013
Purpose: The certificate program provides students with a broad-based knowledge of Jewish studies.
- JSTU J-251/HIST-H 251 and JSTU-J 252/HIST-H 252.
- Six more courses in Jewish Studies with a minimum of two courses at the 300-400 level.
- At least 3 courses (excludes credit from language testing) in Jewish Studies must be taken on the IUB campus.
- A maximum of 3 courses may be credited from language testing or from transfer credit. Courses taken at Hebrew University (via IU Overseas Study) count as IUB courses.
- All course work must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
Total: 24 credit hours minimum.
Students wishing to participate in the certificate program must register with the advisor in Jewish Studies. Appointments may be arranged by calling (812) 855-0453.
* Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, the official source of information regarding College of Arts and Sciences degree requirements is the College of Arts and Sciences.