[ NK's HOME Page]
H205c: Scientific Controversies
- Noretta Koertge
- 104 Goodbody Hall
- 855-3622 (Can leave message with Secretary
- Losee, Theories of Scientific Progress
- Readings will also be posted on a password protected IU Library electronic reserve site:
Useful Electronic Reference Works:
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: http://plato.stanford.edu/
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Enter into the Search Box on the IU Library Homepage: http://www.libraries.iub.edu/
- Oxford English Dictionary: Enter into the Search Box on the IU Library Homepage: http://www.libraries.iub.edu/
- Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography: Use IUCAT link: http://www.libraries.iub.edu/
- Regular attendance (three unexcused absences)
- Keep up with the readings
- Participation in discussions
- Homework Assignments
- Oral Reports
- Essays/Research Paper
- 60% exams and essays/paper
- 30% homework and oral reports
- 10% participation
- Missed exams cannot be made up without an official excuse.
- Late homework will only be accepted with an official excuse.
- You are encouraged to study together, but no copying is allowed on either homework assignments or exams.
- All assignments will be posted on the web. If there are changes in the schedule, you will be notified by e-mail.