John K. Kruschke
Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 2000-present.
Adjunct Professor of
Core Faculty in
(Associate Professor 1996-2000; Assistant Professor 1990-1996;
- Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology, University of California at
- B.A. in Mathematics, with High Distinction in General
Scholarship, University of California at Berkeley, 1983. (I saw the
- The 2007 Probabilistic Models of Mind Summer School, at
the IPAM at UCLA. Also gave a lecture there; see my publications page.
- The 1988 Connectionist Models Summer School,
Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA. (Also was a faculty
lecturer for the 1993 Connectionist Models Summer School, held at the
University of Colorado at Boulder.)
- 1978-79, California State University at Chico. Freshman
year at CSUC; they accepted me despite the fact that I dropped out of
high school with a GED.
- The 1978
Summer Science Program, The Thacher School, Ojai CA.
Six-week intensive workshop in astrophysics and celestial
(Knowledge of celestial mechanics pays off!)
Selected Service, Awards, Etc.:
- Remak Distinguished Scholar Award, Indiana University, 2012
- Fellow, Association for Psychological Science, 2012
- Fellow, Eastern Psychological Association, 2012
- Fellow, Society of Experimental Psychologists, 2006
- Troland Research Award, National Academy of Sciences,
- NIMH FIRST Award, 1994-1999.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship, 1983
- The Berkeley Fellowship for Graduate Study, 1983
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
- National Merit Scholarship (declined), 1979
- Action Editor, Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 2008-
- Editorial Boards:
- Psychological Review, 2007-.
- Memory & Cognition, 2005-.
- Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 2002-.
- Cognitive Science, 1999.
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 1996-1999.
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and
- NIMH Cognition and Perception grant proposal review panelist, 2008.
- NSF Human Cognition and Perception Program grant proposal review
- Chair, Fourteenth Annual Conference of the Cognitive
Science Society, 1992.
- Indiana University Trustees Teaching Excellence Recognition
Awards, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Indiana University Instructional Development Awards, 1993, 2006.
- Indiana University Active Learning Grant, 2005.
- Indiana University Grant to Enhance Active Learning, 1997.
You can tell a lot about a person from his...