La Casa is open during the academic year from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on weekdays, except for Fridays, when the center closes at 5:00 pm. Summer and Finals Week hours: Monday-Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Computer Facilities: Computers are available to students during open hours.
- Counseling services:Center for Human Growth and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) counselors are available for those in need of a listening ear and/or supportive shoulder when faced by stress, challenges or concerns. Contact La Casa for the counseling office hours. Private and confidential.
- Library:A small collection of Latino related books, magazines, videos, and music is housed within the center.
- Gathering Areas: There are rooms to study, meet for group projects, play games, or simply hang-out.
- Tutoring: Individual tutoring in Math and Writing is available twice a week.
- Interpreters: Interpreters are available for Spanish speaking visitors and parents. Will need a minumum of one week notice.
- Tours: tours are available to learn about the facility, groups affiliate, mission, and programs. Tours are approximately 15-20 minutes, but can be longer depending on questions from participants and special presentation requests. Please schedule your tour at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Room Reservations: Student groups and university departments can reserve the center for meetings, social gatherings, lectures, conferences, programs and other types of events. To reserve a room for meeting or program please submit the Room Reservation Form.
Student Employment Opportunities
La Casa employs students who are work-study eligible that are responsible for staffing the center during the evening office hours as well as providing administrative, programming, and secretarial assistance. Energetic and motivated students, with excellent communication and leadership skills, ability to work with a wide range of people, and excellent planning and organizational skills are encouraged to apply.
Please visit the following IU website for information for students with DACA: