Associate Professor, Department of History of Art
Office: Fine Arts, Room 142
Office Hours: TBA
Ph.D. Institute of Fine Arts, New York University
- Nineteenth-century European painting and sculpture. Particularly that of Scandinavia. Romanticism, Symbolism and issues of identity.
- Dr. Facos is currently engaged in a project that examines the contribution of Jews to Swedish national identity in the years around 1900.
- Symbolist Art in Context (California, 2008)
- Art, Culture and National Identity in Fin-de-Siecle Europe, co-edited with Sharon Hirsh (Cambridge, 2003)
- Nationalism and the Nordic Imagination: Swedish Painting in the 1890s (California, 1998)
Honors and Awards
- American-Philosophical Society
- American-Scandinavian Foundation
- Fulbright Commission
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation