Prepare for LAMP
If you have a strong academic background, wide interests, and leadership potential, we invite you to apply to this honors-level program.
Approximately 100 students are admitted to LAMP each year. Admission requires a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and students in the program must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3. Applicants should demonstrate that they have the broad interests and leadership potential both inside and out of the classroom crucial for success in LAMP. In order to have ample time to complete all LAMP requirements, we recommend that students apply in the spring of the freshman year. If you missed the freshman application period because you just found out about LAMP — don't worry. We are pleased to accept applications from sophomores in either the spring or fall application periods.
While LAMP has no pre-requisites for admission, students interested in LAMP are encouraged (but not required) to take the following courses in the freshman year*:
- Foundations requirement in English Composition
- Foundations requirement in Mathematics
- Introduction to Microeconomics, ECON-E 201
- Introduction to Macroeconomics, ECON-E 202
- Foundations of Accounting, BUS-A 200
- At least one semester of foreign language
- At least one course in the intended major area
*Applicants who have taken courses that fufill LAMP requirements are not given admission preference