As a group, LAMP students have many diverse interests. They are students pursuing majors in the College of Arts and Sciences who are also interested in studying principles of management, business, and critical thinking. Recognizing they are part of a global community, LAMP students seek to understand contemporary social and economic issues through interdisciplinary study. They are drawn from the full range of majors within the College—from Biochemistry to Theater & Drama. Students can complete either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science, and many LAMP students pursue a double major.
LAMP students enjoy a unique educational experience that emphasizes learning from multiple perspectives, both inside and outside the classroom.
Admission to LAMP is competitive and the coursework challenging, but the program offers many benefits, including:
- An intellectual community of engaged and motivated students
- Innovative interdisciplinary seminars unique to LAMP
- Outstanding faculty from the College of Arts and Sciences and beyond
- A commitment to excellence in critical thinking and writing
- Events and workshops focused on current topics and skill development
- Interaction with alumni, regional and national leaders in the not-for-profit, legal, medical and business worlds