of the Latino Faculty and Staff Council at Indiana University Bloomington is to provide a forum for understanding the issues of concern to the Bloomington and IU Latino communities. The council will serve as spokesperson and work in collaboration with university administrators, faculty and staff to address the issues of recruitment, retention, graduation and promotion of Latino faculty, staff and students.Goals:
1. To build fellowship among Latino faculty, staff, students and address issues that face our community.
2. To strengthen communication among Latino communities.
3. To initiate strategies to bring Latino scholars and researchers to campus to provide information on current Latino issues in academia.
4. To work in collaboration with university administration, faculty, students, and staff, as well as, undertake activities to address and improve issues regarding recruitment, retention, and promotion of Latino faculty, staff, and graduation of students.
5. To be a sounding board for any Latino initiatives the university undertakes.
6. To assist the university to increase the presence and retention of Latinos on the IUB campus.
7. To recognize Latino students, faculty and staff for their achievements and contributions.Brief History:
The Latino Faculty and Staff Council (LFASC), founded in the spring of 2002, is an organization that represents the diverse Latino community at Indiana University. Its commitment is to build fellowship among Latinos and to address issues that face Latino faculty, staff and students on the Bloomington campus.