The workshop proceedings will be broadcast live online via Adobe Connect's "Breeze Presenter." Online participants will be able to see the presentations and hear the discussions (live video will not be available), and they will have the ability to contribute by typing comments and questions in a chat box that will be monitored.
In order to access the online webinar, you will need:
- An Internet connection;
- A browser (Internet Explorer and Firefox are recommended; problems have been reported for other browsers);
- Speakers or headphones (a microphone is not necessary, as you will not be able to participate via voice communication).
You may also need to download a small browser add-on to access Adobe Connect online (we expect most people will not). To determine if you need the add-on:
- Go to the log-in screen for the online workshop:
- If you need the add-on, your browser will automatically notify you at this point (even before you try logging in), and it will ask you to download the file. NOTE: Some institutions may require Administrative privileges/approval to download this file to your computer, so please allow time to do this.
- Try to log in ("Enter as a Guest" section) using your name and the "room passcode" provided in the separate email sent to registered online participants. If you are successful, your screen will look like this:
- You are ready to participate on the day of the workshop. Please close the browser window until then.
Online etiquette during the workshop:
- When you log in, please provide your name (or if participating in a group, a short institutional name); the name you use will be visible to everyone each time you write a message.
Log in to the online workshop: https://connect.iu.edu/libarea/
- In the "Enter as a Guest" section, please type your personal name (or, if attending as a group, an institutional name);
- Enter the "Room Passcode" (see email sent to registered online participants two days in advance of the workshop).
- The format of the Adobe Connect screen is fixed, and online participants may not be able to resize or move most of the boxes.
- A chat box will be opened (by us) for online participation during each Discussion session.