- You will be asked to provide your full email address. Make sure you enter the correct address, for we will use it to send you the notification. When you submit a request, a copy of it will also be sent to the email address you provide. If you do not receive a copy of your request within a reasonable period of time, it probably means that your email address was not entered correctly and because of that, you will not be able to receive our notification later.
- You will be asked to provide the Library Identification Number (barcode number) on your Photo ID or borrower's card in addition to the book's Identification Number (barcode number).
- Your library ID number can be found on the front of your IU photo ID or on your red and white library borrowers card. It begins with a 2, followed by several zeros, and other numbers. Please submit the entire number, including all of the zeros.
- The item ID number (book barcode) can be found on the outside or inside of the book's cover. It begins with a 3 and includes several zeros, followed by other numbers. Please submit the entire number, including all of the zeros. If you wish to renew all eligible materials, simply enter a message to the effect of "please renew all eligible library materials" in the item barcode field.
- Remember reserve materials may not be renewed either by telephone or electronically.
- WARNING : Upon completion of this Library Services session, you must exit the web browser in order to clear your personal information from this computer workstation's memory. Failure to close the web browser application completely could result in unauthorized access to your Library Account, as well as the unauthorized use of Library Services in your name.
- You may submit a list of barcodes for renewal or a request to renew all eligible library materials by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com
. This is an unmediated service. You will need to send both your library number and the item numbers of the items you wish to renew.
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO DDS PATRONS : Document Delivery materials ( DDS ; ILL ; Interlibrary Loan ) are, as a rule, not renewable. If you have questions or special needs you may contact Document Delivery Services staff by phone at: (812) 855-6549, or via e-mail at
. You may also wish to access the DDS Policy Information web page (this page will open in a new browser window.)
- If you require assistance or have additional questions regarding regular renewals, please contact circulation staff (812) 855-4673 during normal hours for immediate assistance, or you may send e-mail to