The following resources are also available for this collection:
BAKER, E. MSS.
Return to Description
- folder 1: 1958-1993. An
index is available.
- folder 2: Harvey Ginsberg, 1962-1974
- folder 3: Lisabeth Scott, 1972-1988 (all photocopies).
Includes one photograph of Scott.
II. Photographs and Video Tape
- folder 4: Photographs: Baker with Robert Frost, Nov.
1958; Baker with Sean Connery and Joanne Woodward during
filming of A Fine Madness, New York City, Oct. 1965;
Baker alone with cityscape in background,
- folder 5: Video tape: Skip Lowe looks at Hollywood,
guest Elliott Baker
- folder 6: By or about Elliott Baker, 1967-1985. Includes
copy of BBC interview, 1964; off-print of EB entry in First
Printings of American Authors, 1977; etc.
- folder 7: A Fine Madness. jacket copy, ads,
- folder 8: A Fine Madness. movie
IV. Writings by E. Baker
- folders 9-13: Short works
- folder 9: "And the Winner is..." T.D. (2 copies) 24p.
Published in Blue Satellite, vol. 6, no. 2, Feb. 2000.
- folder 10: "The Man Who Would Be Tampax" T.D.
- folder 11: "More Home Thoughts from Abroad..." T.D. 9p.
Apr. 7, 1997
- folder 12: "The Movies, the Monks, and Colonel Mix" T.D.
54p. in gray covers. Part published in The Saturday
Evening Post, Sept. 14, 1964.
- folder 13: "The Unpopular Novel and the Popular Film"
T.D. 15p. Talk give at the Fifteenth Annual Writers' Week at
Pasadena City College, May 6, 1969.
- folders 1-15: full-length novels, etc.
- folder 1: And We Were Young. T.D. 272p. in black
covers. (London: Michael Joseph, 1980)
- folder 2: And We Were Young. Ads, reviews, etc.,
- folder 3: Klynt's Law. T.D. 311p. Original
title: "The Death of Probability" (London: Michael Joseph,
- folder 4: Klynt's Law. Reviews, etc.,
- folder 5: Klynt's Law. Screenplay, adapted by EB
from his novel. 110p. in plastic binder (includes 1p. of
photocopied reviews, 1976)
- folder 6: The Penny Wars: A nostalgic novel.
T.D. 344p. in blue binder (London: Michael Joseph,
- folder 7: The Penny Wars. Ads, reviews, etc.,
- folder 8: The Penny Wars, stage adaptation. T.D.
135p. in plastic binder (Produced by David Merrick; premiere
performance, New York, Royale Theatre, Oct. 15,
- folders 9-14: Pocock and Pitt. 2 drafts;
printer's copy, 2 sets of galleys (London: Michael Joseph,
- folder 15: Pocock and Pitt. Ads, reviews, etc.,
- folders 1-19: full-length novels, etc.
- folders 1-3: Unhealthful Air. T.D. 287p. (New
York: Viking, 1988)
- folders 4-5: Unrequited Loves. T.D. with many
revisions, 243p. (London: Michael Joseph, 1974)
- folder 6: Unrequited Loves.
- folder 7: Unrequited Loves. Ads, reviews, etc., 1973-1974
- folder 8: Portraits. Adapted from his
autobiography, Unrequited Loves (screenplay) T.D. 110p.
1998, in yellow covers
- folders 9-10: Clark and Myrna. T.D. 96p. Play
in two acts, premiered July 1972. 2 copies - one in plastic
binder; one in yellow covers
- folders 11-12: Delia: A Novel. T.D.
235p. in gray covers; T.D. 237p. in plastic
- folder 13: "In Defense of Delia" T.D. with penciled
revisions, 22p. London, Sept. 1989. Published in EB's
Bardolatry (London: Holofernes, 1992)
- folder 14: The Philosophy of the Plays of Shakspere
Unfolded, by Delia Bacon; abridged by Elliott Baker. T.D.
(photocopy), 280p. Foreword by Elliott Baker, London, 1993, in
plastic binder. Published as Shakespeare's Philosophy
Unfolded (Phila., PA: Xlibris Corp., 2000)
- folder 15: Doctor Lopez: A Novel. T.D. 227p. in
plastic binder (London: Holofernes, 1995)
- folder 16: Doctor Lopez. Screenplay by Elliott
Baker (adapted from his novel) 2002. T.D.(photocopy) 120p. in
- folder 17: Percy, Bob and Assenpoop: Memories of
Wyndham Lewis, Robert Frost and Ezra Pound. T.D. 125p.
- folder 18: When the Flowers Died: a potboiler
novel. c.1997 T.D. 222p.
- folder 19: Ebenezer. "Novel in progress - as of
May 2000" T.D.(photocopy) 56p.
- folders 1-3: full-length novels, etc.
- folder 1: Ebenezer. T.D.(copy) 177p.
- folder 2: Confectionaries. T.D. Contents:
Percy, Bob and Assenpoop "And the Winner is...,"
Bardolatry, and Variations on the Theme of the
Kreutzer Sonata. Includes copy of letter from EB to
"Lillian" (typist?) dated Nov. 21, 2002.
- folder 3: Confectionaries
V. Writings by others
- folder 4: Hope, Warren. "Saplings for the Sahara: Some
novels by Elliott Baker" T.D.(copy) 8p.