The Boshkoff mss., 1904-1961, consist of the correspondence and papers of Helen (Douglass) Boshkoff, 1893-1961. The earliest letters and cards were sent to Helen Douglass from family and friends, followed by many letters over three decades from Helen to her husband George John Boshkoff, 1897-1957. Also present in the correspondence, and of particular interest, are more than 360 letters from children's book author Elizabeth Coatsworth, 1893-1986, to Helen, her long-time friend. Completing this section is a file of blank postcards. These mostly illustrate scenes and artwork from across the United States and abroad. Two depict stage actresses Edna May and Maude Adams. Following the correspondence are nearly 100 original typescripts and manuscripts of poetry by Coatsworth. Completing the collection are financial papers of Helen Boshkoff, mostly tax-related, for the years 1942 to 1948, and memorabilia of her grandfather Herve Dwight Wilkins, 1848-1913, organist.
A brief inventory follows this description.
Gift. 2005, 2007
- Correspondence, 1904-1953
- 1954-July 1961 (8 folders)
- Undated letters from Elizabeth Coatsworth (10 folders)
- Undated letters from Helen (Douglass) Boshkoff (1 folder)
- Undated letters from miscellaneous writers (1 folder)
- Blank postcards (1 folder)
- Poetry by Elizabeth Coatsworth (4 folders)
- Financial papers. 1942-1948 (7 folders)
- Miscellaneous items (1 folder)
- Wilkins, Herve Dwight. Studio photograph of Wilkins at the organ; presentation autograph musical notation by Alexander Guilmant, 2 Oct. 1893 (1 folder)
Collection size: 2,000 items