DE LANGE MSS.
Return to Description
There may be correspondence relating to a specific title in that title's file.
- Letters from Amos Oz to Nicholas de Lange, 1970-2000 (7 folders - some letters and faxes are in Hebrew)
- Letters from Nicholas de Lange to Amos Oz, 1970-2000 (3 folders)
- General correspondence, relating to translations, published works, meetings and conferences, etc., ca. 1970-2001 (9 folders)
- Printed out email correspondence, similar to general files, ca. 1999-2002 (2 folders)
II. Translations of Amos Oz
- Short pieces, A-Z. Files arranged alphabetically by title and vary in content. Included are drafts or exercise books relating to the translation, typescripts with corrections by Oz and/or de Lange, tear sheets of the printed piece, etc.
- Translations of Amos Oz full-length works. Content varies with each title. Some titles include correspondence about the translation, drafts and corrected drafts, proofs, reviews, even an occasional dust jacket.
- Black Box. English translation published 1988
- Don't Call it Night. English translation published 1995
- Elsewhere, Perhaps. English translation published 1973
- Fima. Chatto and Windus, 1993
- Fima (continued).
- The Hill of Evil Counsel. English translation published 1978
- My Michael. English translation published 1972
- Panther in the Basement. Chatto and Windus, 1997
- A Perfect Peace. Incomplete draft translation. The published English translation is not by de Lange.
- The Same Sea. English publication, 2002
- To Know a Woman. English translation published 1991
Touch the Water, Touch the Wind. English translation, 1974
- Under this Blazing Light. English publication, 1995
- Unto Death. (Two novellas). English publication 1975.
- Unidentified Hebrew typed manuscript
- Printed files re: Amos Oz - Bibliography, reviews, miscellaneous clippings, articles, etc. about him.
III. Translation of A.B. Yehoshua
- A Journey to the End of the Millennium. Translated by Nicholas de Lange. New York: Doubleday, 1999. Includes emails and faxes relating to the translation and to winning the Koret Jewish Book Award. The faxes from Yehoshua are in Hebrew. Also two drafts of the translation, proofs, clippings and reviews.