DE LANGE MSS.
There may be correspondence relating to a specific title in that title's file.
- Letters from Amos Oz to Nicholas de Lange, 1970-2000 (7 folders - some letters and faxes are in Hebrew)
- Letters from Nicholas de Lange to Amos Oz, 1970-2000 (3 folders)
- General correspondence, relating to translations, published works, meetings and conferences, etc., ca. 1970-2001 (9 folders)
- Printed out email correspondence, similar to general files, ca. 1999-2002 (2 folders)
II. Translations of Amos Oz
- Short pieces, A-Z. Files arranged alphabetically by title and vary in content. Included are drafts or exercise books relating to the translation, typescripts with corrections by Oz and/or de Lange, tear sheets of the printed piece, etc.
- Translations of Amos Oz full-length works. Content varies with each title. Some titles include correspondence about the translation, drafts and corrected drafts, proofs, reviews, even an occasional dust jacket.
- Black Box. English translation published 1988
- Don't Call it Night. English translation published 1995
- Elsewhere, Perhaps. English translation published 1973
- Fima. Chatto and Windus, 1993
- Fima (continued).
- The Hill of Evil Counsel. English translation published 1978
- My Michael. English translation published 1972
- Panther in the Basement. Chatto and Windus, 1997
- A Perfect Peace. Incomplete draft translation. The published English translation is not by de Lange.
- The Same Sea. English publication, 2002
- To Know a Woman. English translation published 1991
- Touch the Water, Touch the Wind. English translation, 1974
- Under this Blazing Light. English publication, 1995
- Unto Death. (Two novellas). English publication 1975.
- Unidentified Hebrew typed manuscript
- Printed files re: Amos Oz - Bibliography, reviews, miscellaneous clippings, articles, etc. about him.
III. Translation of A.B. Yehoshua
- A Journey to the End of the Millennium. Translated by Nicholas de Lange. New York: Doubleday, 1999. Includes emails and faxes relating to the translation and to winning the Koret Jewish Book Award. The faxes from Yehoshua are in Hebrew. Also two drafts of the translation, proofs, clippings and reviews.
- Khirbet Khizeh. Drafts, proofs in English and Hebrew (11 folders)
- A Tale of Love and Darkness. Drafts (2 folders)
- Correspondence. 2002-2011 (2 folders)
- Amos Oz. Translations and correspondence
- Scenes from Village Life (2 folders)
- Rhyming Life and Death. Editorial drafts (2 folders)
- Amos Oz. Drafts, Hebrew (2 folders)
- English translation. Preliminary partial translation
- English translations and correspondence
- English and Hebrew draft
- Hebrew draft
- English translation (2 folders)
- Preliminaries. Draft and correspondence
- Relations. Draft and correspondence
- Khirbet Khizeh. Drafts (2 folders)
- Amos Oz. Dublin Literary Award nomination. Correspondence and program
- Correspondence. 2002-2010 (3 folders)
- A Tale of Love and Darkness. Drafts and editing copies (7 folders)
- Rhyming Life and Death. Drafts and correspondence (3 folders)
- Khirbet Khizeh. 2005 correspondence. 1949 text with English proofs and corrections. 3 typescript drafts
- Hebrew drafts (2 folders)