The Derleth mss., 1958-1965, contain writings of August William Derleth, 1909-1971, author. Although Derleth's literary strengths are exemplified in his nostalgic writings about the Midwestern prairies, he is best remembered for his "weird" fiction, fantasy, and science fiction works. The collection contains printer's copies and galley proofs, many with holograph notes and corrections. The works in this collection represent his Sac Prairie and Wisconsin Saga fiction.
A Box/folder list is available.
Purchase. Keith Baker, Oshkosh, Wisconsin. 1965, 1969
- Box 1
- folders 1-4: 1961. Concord Rebel. Originally published by Chilton, 1962.
- folders 5-8: 1965. Wisconsin Country. Originally published by Candlelight, 1965.
- folders 9-14: n.d. Countryman's Journal. Originally published by Duell, 1963.
- folders 15-20: n.d. The Hills Stand Watch. Originally published by Duell, 1960.
- folders 21-25: n.d. The House on the Mound. Originally published by Duell, 1958.
- Box 2
- folders 1-5: n.d. The Moon-Tenders. Originally published by Duell, 1958.
- folders 6-12: n.d. The Shadow in the Glass. Originally published by Duell, 1963.
- folders 13-18: n.d. Wisconsin in Their Bones. Originally published by Duell, 1961.
Collection size: 8 items
Related manuscripts: Derleth mss. II