The Drolshagen mss., 2001-2002, consists of correspondence, manuscript notes, corrected drafts, and line-edited manuscripts of Ebba E. Drolshagen's translation into German of Griefwork, by British author James Hamilton-Paterson. The novel appeared in German as NachtblÃ¼te, published by Insel Verlag in 2003. A box/folder list is available.
ca. 25 items
- Box 1
- folder 1: Correspondence (e-mail) between James Hamilton-Paterson and Ebba E. Drolshagen
- folder 2: Research materials for the translation, including e-mail exchanges with other professional translators and specialists in such areas as genetics, gardening, botany, architecture, zoology, etc.
- folder 3: Photocopy of English edition of publication, Griefwork, used in doing the translation.
- folder 4: Two early drafts of Chapter Five sent by translator to editor at Insel Verlag
- folder 5: Index for translation work
- folders 6-7: First draft of translation, revisions in pencil and red ink throughout.
- Box 2
- folders 8-9: First edited version, revised throughout by Dr. MÃ¼ller-Schwefe of Insel Verlag
- folders 10-11: Second edited version, with revisions throughout
- folder 12: Corrected page proofs - only those pages requiring corrections
- folder 13: Miscellaneous: including a review of Griefwork from the Boston Review, publicity release and other material from Insel Verlag for German edition
Collection size: 25 items