ERDMANN MSS. II
The Erdmann mss. II consist of correspondence, documents, photographs and memorabilia, ca. 1941-1945, of Marvin Herbert Erdmann, 1919-1999, relating to his military service in World War II. Prior to enlisting, "Bud" Erdmann was a student at River Falls State University School of Agriculture in River Falls, Wisconsin. He served four years with the U.S. Army 21st General Hospital in North Africa, Italy and France. Following the war he returned to Wisconsin to graduate from college and then have a career as a teacher in Wisconsin public schools.
ca. 55 items
- Folder 1: Correspondence and documents, 1941-1945. First item is a list or "itinerary of places of embarkation, sailings, and arrivals" of Sergeant Erdmann, prepared by Mr. Erdmann in 1999 for this collection.
- Folder 2: Photographs (16). Includes six photographs of the Buchenwald concentration camp following liberation by General Patton's armored division.
- Folder 3: Printed: Bou-Hanifia, Algeria, North Africa
- Folder 4: Printed: Italy
- Folder 5: Printed: Italy, Naples
- Folder 6: Printed: Italy, Pompei
- Folder 7: Printed: military pamphlets
- Folder 8: Printed: news clippings
- Folder 9: Printed: newsletters
- Folder 10: Printed: opera programs
- Folder 11: Printed: miscellaneous
- Folder 12: Souvenir photos and postcards
- Envelope: Swastika banner
Collection size: 55 items
Related manuscripts: Erdmann mss.