FORD, J. MSS. II
The Ford, J. mss. II, ca. 1938-1973, consist of award certificates and plaques of film director John Ford, 1906-1976. Several relate to his World War II service and/or to his contributions to the American Legion. A listing of the awards follows.
- Harold T. Andrews Post #17 - American Legion - Portland, Maine - Elects John Ford...To Its Advisory Council...October 20, 1938
- Member of United Air Lines 100,000 Mile Club...1955
- Director's Achievement Award...International Show-A-Rama 14...Kansas City, 1971
- College of the Desert Honors You as a Neighbor and Pays Tribute to Your Contribution to the Art of the Motion Picture...March 1973
- DesronTwelve [Destroyer Squadron 12]. undated
- To the Navy's First "Photographic Admiral" Rear Admiral John Ford, USNR, Ret. - From the Members of the Pacific Fleet Combat Camera Group. undated
- Translation of Appointment of John and Mary Ford - Maine Department of the American Legion...June 15, 1950
- The American Legion...John and Mary Ford...1950 - Regio Mainenis Legionis Americanae
- OrdreNational de la Légiond'Honneur...July 11, 1958
- XVI Festival Internazionale del Film...diploma...July 28, 1963
- Department of the Navy...Distinguished Public Service Award... undated
- XXXII MostraInternazionaled'ArteCinematografica - Omaggio a John Ford. undated
Collection size: 12 items
NOTE: Access to this collection requires advance notice. Please contact the Curator of Manuscripts for additional information.