Return to Description
- General correspondence. Arranged alphabetically (21 folders). Includes:
- Abish, Walter
- Ashbery, John
- Bass, Rick
- Booth, Philip
- Bowles, Paul
- Bukowski, Charles
- Carruth, Hayden
- Carver, Raymond
- Gallagher, Tess
- Grumbach, Doris
- Hoagland, Edward
- Irving, John
- Kizer, Carolyn
- Nin, Anais
- Oates, Joyce Carol
- Plimpton, George
- Stafford, William
- Wilentz, Theodore
- Pushcart Prize correspondence and nominations, 1975-1982 (14 folders)
- Pushcart Prize correspondence and nominations, 1983-1992 (23 folders)
- Pushcart Prize correspondence and nominations, 1993-2000 (27 folders)
- Pushcart Prize correspondence and nominations, 2001-2005; undated A-Z (17 folders)
Miscellaneous files concerning the Pushcart Prize and Pushcart Press
- Pushcart Prize
- folder 18: Miscellaneous notes and fragments concerning Pushcart Prize and nominations, etc.
- folder 19: Form letters to authors, 1975-2005
- folder 20: Form letters to editors concerning nominations, 1976-2005
- folders 21-22: Clippings: ads and reviews
- folder 23: Press releases
- Pushcart Press
- folder 24: History
- folder 25: Miscellaneous. Includes materials concerning trademark registration of pushcart
- folder 26: The Editor's Book Award
- folder 27: Clippings concerning Pushcart Press and Bill Henderson
- folder 28: Printed
Writings and works written, edited, or published by Bill Henderson. Arranged alphabetically by title after the biographical materials.
- folder 1: Biographical materials
- folders 2-4: The Art of Literary Publishing: Editors on Their Craft, edited by Bill Henderson (Yonkers, NY: Pushcart Press, 1980). Photocopy of T.D. with corrections and changes in black ink. October 27, 1979.
- folder 5: The Art of Literary Publishing. Reviews
- folders 6-8: Her Father: A Memoir (Boston: Faber & Faber, 1995). Copy edited manuscript.
- folders 9-12: His Son (New York: W.W. Norton, 1981). Correspondence; final draft, T.D., 1980; announcements and reviews
- folder 13: "Introduction [to first Pushcart Prize]" T.D. Heavily revised and corrected. 5 p.
- folder 14: "Introduction [to Pushcart Prize XXV]" 2001. Photocopy of proofs
- folder 15: The Little Magazine in America: A Modern Documentary History, edited by Elliott Anderson and Mary Kinzie (Yonkers, NY: Pushcart Press, 1979). Correspondence, 1975-1981.
- folder 16: The Little Magazine in America:... Ads and reviews.
- folder 17: The Little Magazine in America:... Miscellaneous
- folders 18-19: Minutes of the Lead Pencil Club: Pulling the Plug on the Electronic Revolution, edited by Bill Henderson (Wainscott, NY: Pushcart Press, 1996). Manuscript draft.
- folder 20: Minutes of the Lead Pencil Club... Ads and reviews
- folder 21: "Pop" [short story] T.D. ca. 1975.
- folders 22-25: The Publish It Yourself Handbook: Literary Tradition and How-to, edited by Bill Henderson (Yonkers, NY: Pushcart Press, 1973). Printer's manuscript.
- folder 26: The Publish It Yourself Handbook... Ads and reviews, including an announcement for 1987 revised edition.
- folder 27: "The Search for Horatio Alger." T.D. 35 p. ca. 1971
- folder 28: [concerning Henderson and Horatio Alger] Printed
- folder 29: "Small Presses Today: A Continuing Vitality." T.D., 10 p. ca. 1975/6
- folder 30: "Softball, Literature and the Publishing Corporation," by Luke Walter [pseudo] T(photocopy)D. At top, in Henderson's hand: "Henderson and Doubleday 1971-'73" and "Unpublished 1974"
- folders 3l-32: Tower: Faith, Vertigo and Amateur Construction (New York: Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, 2000). Copy-edited manuscript
- folder 33: Tower... Correspondence, 1999-2000, with editors and readers at FSG; also individual letters from Doris Grumbach, Jan. 2, 1999, George Plimpton, Jan. 4, 2000, and others
- folder 34: Tower... Reviews
- folder 35: "A Tradition of Do It Yourself Publishing." Draft manuscript, heavily revised throughout. 30 p.
IV. Additions, 2007
- folder 1: Pushcart Press, 2006. Printed
- folders 2-4: Pushcart Prize XXXI nominations
- folders 5-7: Simple Gifts (New York: Free Press, 2006). First draft manuscript, 2001; reviews