The Luo mss., ca. 1998-2003, consists primarily of a series of drafts of Hui Luo's English translations from the Chinese of poems by Zheng Danyi, 1963- . Also present are copies of e-mail discussions regarding some of the translations, photocopies of a poem and postcard from Zheng Danyi, and a photocopy of a review of the published volume Wings of Summer: Selected Poems of Zheng Danyi, translated by Luo Hui (Hong Kong, London, Toronto: Sixth Finger Press, 2003).
Hui Luo was born in Hubei, China in 1973. He attended Indiana University in Comparative Literature where his Master's thesis was on translating Zheng Danyi's poetry.
- Folder 1: E-mail discussion, Feb. 2003; correspondence; review
- Folder 2: "Drafts: The first 20 poems submitted as part of my M.A. Thesis at Indiana University" Sept. 1998-Feb. 2001
- Folder 3: "Northern Diary" drafts, May-July 2001
- Folder 4: "Stupor" drafts, July 2001
- Folder 5: "Wings of Summer" drafts, May 2001-Jan. 2002
- Folder 6: "Youth" drafts, May-Aug. 2001
- Folder 7: Michelle Yeh's suggestions, Jan. 2003
- Folder 8-10: Final translations of poems in the sections "16 Poems"; "The Wings of Summer"; "Northern Diary"
Collection size: 12 items