The NACS mss., ca. 1978-1998, consist of the correspondence, papers, etc. of the North American Catalan Society. They are a part of the Josep Roca-Pons Archives of the North American Catalan Society. The archives were established at the 8th NACS Colloquium held in 1995 in Bloomington, Indiana.
The collection is organized into the following series: I. Presidential; II. Colloquia; III. Topics; IV. Printed. A box list follows this description.
Founded in 1978, NACS membership includes scholars from the United States and Canada interested in all aspects of Catalan culture and studies. At present the papers are almost exclusively the files of former President Patricia J. Boehne, a professor at Eastern College in Pennsylvania. Also present is a file of former president Curt Wittlin from the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, and several newspapers from various countries containing obituary notices of Josep Roca-Pons in 2000.
Box 1: Mostly correspondence
- Patricia Boehne, 1978-1997 (12 folders)
- Curt Wittlin, 1987-1993
Materials pertaining to the NACS colloquia and 2nd International Catalan Language Congress. Nothing present for the 5th Colloquium, presumably held in 1987.
- 1978-1998 (14 folders).
- 2nd International Catalan Language Congress, Barcelona, Spain, 1986 (2 folders)
- Catalan Modern Art Collection
- 800 Years of Catalan Literature - a traveling exhibition, 1990-ca. 1995
- NACS membership lists, ca. 1984-1993
- Miscellaneous. Includes unidentified photographs and printed items
IV. Printed materials
- Includes newspapers with Roca-Pons obituary notices.
Collection size: 1,500 items