NEWBURGH, INDIANA, BANK MSS.
The Newburgh, Indiana, Bank mss., 1902-1929, consist of records of the Citizens Bank, Citizens Deposit Bank, Farmers Bank, Newburgh State Bank and the Newburgh Building, Loan & Savings Association, No. II.
The Citizens Bank of Newburgh was incorporated on Mar. 4, 1902. On Feb. 27, 1915, it closed as a state bank, opening on Mar. 1, 1915, as a private bank under the name Citizens Deposit Co. This company consolidated on July 18, 1916, with the Farmers Bank of Newburgh under the name Farmers Bank. The Farmers Bank had been established under a certificate of authority issued Aug. 12, 1914. It continued to operate until Oct. 17, 1921. The Newburgh State Bank was incorporated on Nov. 9, 1921. It was still in existence during the fiscal year July 1, 1948-June 30, 1949.
The Newburgh Building, Loan & Savings Association No. II was incorporated on Jan. 26, 1899. It was still in existence during the fiscal year July 1, 1948-June 30, 1949.
The collection also contains an account book of W. Wilson, Newburgh, Ind., 1907-1908.
A complete inventory is available.
Collection size: 162 items