The following resources are also available for this collection:
Part or all of this collection is housed at the Auxiliary Library Facility. For
details, see Using
Lilly Library ALF Materials.
Return to Description
- Edwin E. Calverley's draft translation of Baydawi's Tawali' al-anwar min matali'
al-anzar and Isfahani's commentary on Baydawi's work. Written mostly in pencil and filed in 16 notebooks and 1 folder.
- Transcription and first edit of Calverley's draft:
- Book 1 (7 folders)
- Book 2 (2 folders)
- Book 3 (2 folders)
- Illustrations for Book 1, section 3
- Second edit: Introduction and Books 1 & 2 (7 folders)
- Second edit, Book 3
- Third edit, Books 1-3 (7 folders)
- "more editing" (2 folders)
- "Guide papers": Title page; Table of Contents; Bibliography; Glossary; Illustrations; index. ("All separately paged to correspond to single space format")
- Translation, single space format: Introduction and Books 1-3 (6 folders)
- "Copies of introductory portions"
- "Copies of illustrations"
- Final manuscript: (7 folders)
- Correspondence, ca. 1971-2002, relating to the translation project
- Editorial and post publication correspondence, ca. 1998-2005 (2 folders)