PYLE, W. MSS.
I. Correspondence. Arranged chronologically.
- 1937, 1972-1989
- Pyle and others:
- Portraits of Pyle taken by UPA (United Productions of America) photographer, three 4 x 5", 1948
- Pyle seated at drawing board with Lee Morehouse, working on Bambi, 4 x 5" and 8 x 10" of same shot, 1941
- Pyle with Carol Channing and John La Touche in sound studio for the animated short The Peppermint Tree, directed by Pyle
- Snow White party given by Walt Disney, eight 8 x 10", 1938
- Snapshots: reproduction of Pyle and his sister, 3.5 x 5", 1918; on beach with Carl Erickson and others, 4 x 5"
- Walt Disney Productions. Employee identification card, issued Nov. 14, 1938; life insurance policy, issued Nov. 18, 1937
- Printed. Magazines. Script magazine, June 1947, July 1948 and March 1949, with cover illustrations by Pyle; Toy Values Monthly, Vol. 1, No. 5, Nov. , with article about Pyle
- Printed. Miscellaneous. Contains invitations to exhibits and other occasions honoring Pyle and his work, greeting cards illustrated by Pyle, 2003-2006
IV. Artwork. The animation drawings are arranged alphabetically by title or subject, followed by several early caricature drawings and the water-colors.
- Armed Services films. Three photocopies of model sheets of Trigger Joe and Chameleon, 1941-1945, two mounted on black board
- Bambi. Original drawing of Bambi's girlfriend in red and black pencil, 20 x 24 cm., on drawing board paper, signed; drawing of buck in red, blue and black pencil, 23.5 x 30.5 cm., on drawing board paper, signed, ca. 1942
- Fantasia. Original drawing of young female centaur in blue and black pencil, 26 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed; two photographs of model sheets, male Pegasus and male centaur
- Gerald McBoing-Boing. Original drawing in black ink, 25.5 x 20 cm., on paper, signed and inscribed to Breon Mitchell
- Goofy. Original drawing in blue and black pencil, 26 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil
- Pinocchio. Three original drawings of Pinocchio: in red pencil, 26.5 x 31.5 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil; in blue and black pencil, 25.5 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil; in blue and black pencil, 16.5 x 13.5 cm., on drawing paper; photograph of model sheet of "kid suggestions"; 35mm filmstrip of Jiminy Cricket
- The Popcorn Story. Original drawing of Wilbur in blue and black pencil, 26 x 31.5 cm
- Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure. Two drawings in blue and black pencil, on drawing board paper, signed in pencil: Raggedy Ann, 26.5 x 31.5 cm.; Raggedy Andy, 26.5 x 31.5 cm. ca. 1977
- Ragtime Bear (aka Strike up the Banjo). Two photocopies of drawings of Ragtime Bear and Mr. Magoo; photocopy of model sheet of various characters, signed
- Snow White. Original drawing of one of the seven dwarfs in blue pencil, 26.5 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil; original drawing of Doc in black ink with additional black ink drawings of horses and a figure, 26.5 x 32 cm.
- Early caricature drawings in pencil: profile of male wearing beanie smoking cigarette, undated, 12.5 x 7 cm.; standing male figure with hand in pocket, 1925, 16 x 9 cm.
- Water-color of horses, 23 x 30.5 cm.; water-colors of nudes, two matted paintings, 30.5 x 40.5 cm. each