The following resources are also available for this collection:
PYLE, W. MSS.
Return to Description
- Correspondence 1937, 1972-1989
- Portraits of Pyle taken by UPA (United Productions of America) photographer, three 4 x 5," 1948
- Photograph: Pyle seated at drawing board with Lee Morehouse, working on Bambi, 4 x 5" and 8 x 10" of same shot, 1941
- Photograph: Pyle with Carol Channing and John La Touche in sound studio for the animated short The Peppermint Tree, directed by Pyle
- Photograph: Snow White party given by Walt Disney, eight 8 x 10", 1938
- Snapshots: reproduction of Pyle and his sister, 3.5 x 5", 1918; on beach with Carl Erickson and others, 4 x 5"
- Printed. Magazines. Script magazine, June 1947, July 1948 and March 1949, with cover illustrations by Pyle; Toy Values Monthly, Vol. 1, No. 5, Nov. , with article about Pyle
- Printed. Miscellaneous. Contains invitations to exhibits and other occasions honoring Pyle and his work, greeting cards illustrated by Pyle, 2003–2006
- Armed Services films. Three photocopies of model sheets of Trigger Joe and Chameleon, 1941–1945, two mounted on black board
- Pinocchio. Three original drawings of Pinocchio: in red pencil, 26.5 x 31.5 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil; in blue and black pencil, 25.5 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil; in blue and black pencil, 16.5 x 13.5 cm., on drawing paper; photograph of model sheet of "kid suggestions"; 35mm filmstrip of Jiminy Cricket
- Bambi. Original drawing of Bambi's girlfriend in red and black pencil, 20 x 24 cm., on drawing board paper, signed; drawing of buck in red, blue and black pencil, 23.5 x 30.5 cm., on drawing board paper, signed, ca. 1942
- Fantasia. Original drawing of young female centaur in blue and black pencil, 26 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed; two photographs of model sheets, male Pegasus and male centaur
- Water–color of horses, 23 x 30.5 cm.; water–colors of nudes, two matted paintings, 30.5 x 40.5 cm. each
- Snow White. Original drawing of one of the seven dwarfs in blue pencil, 26.5 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil; original drawing of Doc in black ink with additional black ink drawings of horses and a figure, 26.5 x 32 cm.
- Gerald McBoing–Boing. Original drawing in black ink, 25.5 x 20 cm., on paper, signed and inscribed to Breon Mitchell
- Goofy. Original drawing in blue and black pencil, 26 x 32 cm., on drawing board paper, signed in pencil
- Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure. Two drawings in blue and black pencil, on drawing board paper, signed in pencil: Raggedy Ann, 26.5 x 31.5 cm.; Raggedy Andy, 26.5 x 31.5 cm. ca. 1977
- The Popcorn Story. Original drawing of Wilbur in blue and black pencil, 26 x 31.5 cm
- Ragtime Bear (aka Strike up the Banjo). Two photocopies of drawings of Ragtime Bear and Mr. Magoo; photocopy of model sheet of various characters, signed
- Early caricature drawings in pencil: profile of male wearing beanie smoking cigarette, undated,
12.5 x 7 cm.; standing male figure with hand in pocket, 1925, 16 x 9 cm
- Four photographs of watercolors pasted to matting; 9 x 12.5 cm each.
- Ink sketches of horses on pink paper, signed. 31 x 25 cm.
- Ink sketched of horses and riders, cow, and dog on grey paper, signed. 25 x 33 cm.
- Partch, Virgil and Helen; Paula
- Pyle, Willis copies of letters
- From Correspondence, Undated
- Society of Illustrators, Undated
- Virgil Partch, Undated
- Colbean's Naked Eye; Colbean, Sam
- Hair, from April 1934 copy of Colorado Dodo
- Jack Wayman Information
- Little Orchestra Society
- Midnight the Outlaw Horse
- Script pages
- Printed. Magazines. Colorado Dodo magazines. February 1933, November 1933, December 1933, April 1934, two undated issues, one copy of April 1935 cover only.
- Printed. Magazines. Scholastic Vacation Fun magazines. June 4, 1966; July 1, 1966; July 8, 1966; July 15, 1966; July 22, 1966; July 29, 1966; August 5, 1966; August 12, 1966
- Printed. Magazines. Script magazine. Cover only. June 1947.
- Society of Illustrators
- Armed Services Films – Trigger Joe and Chameleon copies
- Around the Campus with Gando Downs. 17.5 x 18.5 cm. Eight on cardstock. Five photocopies.
- One on newsprint. One on magazine paper.
- Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Pluto sketches
- Pinocchio, pencil sketches
- Midnight the Outlaw Horse. Typescript script, correspondence, clippings, and art work
- Disney. Original drawings and photocopies of drawings relating to various Disney characters such as Goofy, Wilbur, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Wallygator, Chip and Dale, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Pluto, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and Pinocchio.
- Hanna–Barbera Productions. Photocopy of one drawing related to the Hanna–Barbera Production Huckleberry.
- Miscellaneous Drawings. Includes eleven miscellaneous original drawings and photocopies of drawings.
- Mobile Detergent Gasoline. Original drawings of cars, engines, and characters for a Mobile commercial.
- Nude Drawings. Includes one drawing pad with five original drawings and watercolors of nude men and women.
- Peanuts. Photocopies of drawings related to various Peanuts characters.
- Simpsons. Photocopies of drawings related to various Simpsons characters.
- Warner Brothers Cartoons. Photocopies of drawings related to Warner Brothers Cartoons including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, and Tweety.
- Scrapbook with Sam Cobean
- Miscellaneous sketches (14 folders)
- Scrapbook cover
- Gallery & Studio article and letter
- 100th birthday celebration materials
- 100th birthday save the date
- Envelope addressed to Frederic B. Taraba
- Miscellaneous sketches (14 folders)