Lilly Library Manuscript Collections
SINGER, D. MSS.
Return to Description
Folder 1: Correspondence, 1948. Aaron Allen Heist and Upton Sinclair
- Heist to Sinclair. Sept. 28 (carbon), Oct. 6 (carbon), Oct 21 (carbon), Nov. 1 (carbon)
- Sinclair to Heist. Oct. 12 (2), 26; 1948 (appended to Heist to Sinclair, Oct. 6, 1948)
Folder 2: Correspondence, 1954. Eason Monroe and Upton Sinclair
- Monroe to Sinclair. May 12 (carbon)
- Sinclair to Monroe. May 19 (enclosure)
Folder 3: Correspondence, 1963-1965. Upton Sinclair to Donald Lee Singer and to Eason Monroe
- Sinclair to Singer. Nov. 12, 1963. Mar. 1, Apr. 21, June 8, July 19 (postcard), 1965.
- Sinclair to Monroe. Aug. 19, 1964
Folder 4: Miscellaneous.
- Exhibition catalogue of The Lilly Library's 1963 exhibition honoring Upton Sinclair on his 85th birthday (with an undated inscription by Sinclair:
"To Donald L. Singer, with best wishes")
Folder 5: Writings.
Singer, D., "Upton Sinclair and the California Campaign of 1934" [published in Southern California Quarterly, Winter 1974]
Folder 6: Writings.
- Singer, D., "Hollywood Hype and Hysteria: The Crusade Against the Crusader" [published in Upton Sinclair: Literature and Social Reform, edited by Dieter Herms (Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang, 1990)]