SMITH, P. MSS.
The Smith, P. mss., ca. 1963-1965, consist of scripts of movies for which Lee Plunkett served as dresser. Present are: Dear Heart, released in 1964, starring Glenn Ford, Geraldine Page, and Angela Lansbury; The Great Race, released in 1965, starring Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood; and Marriage on the Rocks, also released in 1965, starring Frank Sinatra, Deborah Kerr, and Dean Martin. The Marriage on the Rocks script is accompanied by "Men's Wardrobe Plot" designating the various costumes worn in each scene by each of the male characters, and the Shooting Schedule, March 8-May 12, 1965. A folder list of the collection is available.
Gift. Patsy A. Smith. Bloomington, IN 2002
- Folder 1: [Dear Heart]. A Screenplay by Tad Mosel. Final, 8/6/63, 119 p. [the working title for the film was "The Out-of-Towners," released as Dear Heart in 1964.]
- Folder 2: The Great Race. By Blake Edwards. Final, April 9, 1964, 177 p.
- Folder 3: Marriage on the Rocks (formerly "Community Property"). Story and Screenplay by Cy Howard. Final, 2/15/65, 149 p.
- Folder 4: Marriage on the Rocks "Men's Wardrobe Plot, From Final Script Dated 2/15/65." 2/18/65
- Folder 5: Marriage on the Rocks. "Shooting Schedule, 48 days, Start March 8th 1965, Finish May 12th, 1965."
Collection size: 3 items