I. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
The general correspondence is mostly with Kurt Vonnegut and is divided into an alphabetical file, rejection letters and a chronological file. Correspondence with Donald C. Farber concerning contracts, translation, performance, and publication rights and permissions are filed in the Farber files. Occasionally letters were left with related writings or in other miscellaneous sections.
- folders 1-14: Arranged alphabetically with occasional letters from Vonnegut filed with correspondent. Mostly with colleagues and friends. Correspondents are: Laurie Anderson, David A. Anderton, Peter Balakian, Raymond Barrio, Robert M. Batscha, David R. (David Rhys) Boldt, Daniel Joseph Boorstin, Vance Nye Bourjaily, Rick Boyer, Lawrence R. Broer, E.J. (Eugene J.) Cadou, Harry James Cargas, Leland E. Carmichael, Schuyler Chapin, Tristram Coffin, Richard Cooper, Norman Cousins, Basil Davenport, Avram Davidson, Borden Deal, Morris Dees, James P. (James Philip) Degnan, Diane Dillon, Bruce Dobler, JosÃ© Donoso, Norman Dorsen, Thomas J. (Thomas Joseph) Downey, Andrea Boroff Eagan, Julie Nixon Eisenhower, Harlan Ellison, Paul Hamilton Engle, Charles Ray Ewick, Majie Alford Failey, Donald C. Farber, Nigel Finch, Larry Flynt, Michael Frayn, Marvin E. Gettleman, Alexander Ginzburg, Gail Godwin, Mark Goodson, Nadine Gordimer, Leonard T. (Leonard Tydings) Grant, Günter Grass, Stephen Gray, Charles B. Harris, James David Hart, Christie Hefner, Henry J. Heimlich, L. Rust Hills, John Marshall Howie, Kathryn Hume, John Irving, Michael F. Jacobson, Jerome Klinkowitz, Barbara Klunder, Jeri Laber, Edward Connery Lathem, Seymour Lawrence, Anthony Lewis, D. Herbert Lipson, Frances Monson McCullough, David T. (David Thomas) McLaughlin, John Macrae, Frank MacShane, Thomas Michael Maschler, William Meissner, Joan Mellen, Anne Mendelson, Howard M. Metzenbaum, Harry Minetree, Paul Moore, Haig R. Nalbantian, Clifford A. Nault, Victor S. Navasky, Ralph W. Nicholas, Kurt Friedrich Pantzer, Jonathan Penner, Asa B. Pieratt, Bruce Pittman, George Plimpton, William Plumley, Frederik Pohl, David James Randolph, Helen Seldon Rattray, Peter J. Reed, Robert A. Rees, Charles E. Reilly, G. Ross (George Ross) Roy, Louis M. Savary, Eliot Hall Sharp, Robert Sargent Shriver, Daniel Simon, Alan K. Simpson, Ralph Bruno Sipper, David R. Slavitt, Aviam Soifer, John L. Somer, Marlo Thomas, Ronder Thomas, Herman Trotter, Allen Tullos, John Hoyer Updike, Samuel S. Vaughan, Dan Wakefield, Per Erik Wästberg, Martha G. Webb, Robert B. Weide, Donald W. Wilson, Herman Wouk, and Richard Evan Ziegfeld.
- folder 15: 1940's. 50 rejection slips from various magazines. Mostly printed slips; two or three with notes explaining the rejection
- folders 16-43: 1955-1978. Arranged chronologically. Correspondence includes fan letters, invitations to speak, or regarding various projects. (bulk 1971-1994) (See also: Farber files)
- folders 1-31: Correspondence, 1979-1987
- folders 1-15: Correspondence, 1988-1997; undated; and photographs, with copyright by Henk Drent, 1991