WILSON, R.A. MSS.
The Wilson, R.A. mss., 1960-2001, consist of the correspondence of bookseller Robert Alfred Jump Wilson,1922- , and poet John Wieners, 1934- , related to the publishing of Wieners' Ace of Pentacles (Lilly PS3545 .I18 A62) in 1964. Other materials for the book include designs for the title page, draft, galley proofs, legal papers, and royalty statements and invoices. Also present in the collection are photographs of poets and writers, including Gregory Corso, Robert Duncan, Marianne Moore, and Alice B. Toklas, taken by Wilson from 1960 through 1985, as well as manuscripts and book production materials for two books written by Wilson: Modern Book Collecting (New York: Knopf, 1980) and Seeing Shelley Plain: Memoirs of New York's Legendary Bookshop. (New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press, 2001).
A box/folder list is available.
Gift. Robert A. Wilson. 1981; 1987; 2001
- Box 1:
Ace of Pentacles and photographs
- folders 1-3: correspondence, 1963-1970.
- folder 4: Designs for title page
- folder 5: draft
- folder 6: legal documents: contract; copyright certificate, etc.
- folder 7: galley proofs
- folder 8: royalty statements and invoices
- folders 9-10: Photographs: A-L; M-Z
- Box 2:
Modern Book Collecting
- folders 1-4: manuscript
- folder 5: illustrations
- folder 6: production and design material
- Box 3:
Modern Book Collecting, cont.;
Seeing Shelley Plain
- folders 1: galleys for MBC
- folders 2-5: Seeing Shelley Plain: final edited manuscript
- folder 6: photographs/illustrations for SSP
- Folio: Modern Book Collecting: production master proofs
Collection size: 263 items