The following resources are also available for this collection:
Part or all of this collection is housed at the Auxiliary Library Facility. For
details, see Using
Lilly Library ALF Materials.
Return to Description
- folder 1: Correspondence, 1934–1955
- folder 2–3: Beyond the Garden Gate. T(carbon)D. 312p. some holograph changes and corrections.
- folder 4: [Class Four A Novel in Four Acts] A.D. 178p. in pencil
- folder 5: Class Four. A Novel in Four Acts. T.D.
- folder 6: [Eugene O'Neill] drafts of chapter titled "The Sickness of Today" A.&T.D.
- folder 7: Eugene O'Neill, A Critical Study. T(carbon)D. bound. [lacks chapter "The Sickness of Today"]
- folder 8: Eugene O'Neill, A Critical Study. New York: Random House, c1934. galley proofs "Duplicate Proofs for Index"
- folders 9–10: The Fabric of Modern Literature. 2 drafts: T.D. 220p.; T(carbon).D. 220p. Cover label on carbon copy carries holograph note "unpublished" in red ink
- folders 11–12: Mortgage Your Heart. A.D. 414p.
- folders 13–14: Mortgage Your Heart. T(carbon)D. 285p.
- folder 15: [Sleep Quietly] "not published" T.D. 86p.
- folders 16–18: [Take All To Nebraska] Nebraska is My Home. T.&A.D.S.
- folder 19: Take All To Nebraska. T(carbon)D. p.1–137
- folder 1: Take All To Nebraska, cont. T(carbon)D. p.138–285.
- folder 2: Take All To Nebraska. proofs.
- folders 3–6: That Lonesome Road. T.D. 417p. originally titled Conquer We Must
- folders 7–8: This Passion Never Dies. A.D. p.1–258.
- folder 9: This Passion Never Dies, cont. A.D. p.259–433.
- folder 10: Short stories. T and T(carbon)Ds.
- folder 11: Articles. T and T(carbon)Ds.
- folder 12: Notebook for Civil War novel. A&T.D.
- folder 13: [Waiting for the dam – Andersonville section of Civil War novel] T.D. p.412–531.
- folder 14: Untitled fragment re: Civil War. A.D. 15p.
- folder 15: Transcripts of reviews and extracts of reviews of works by S.K. Winther. T.Ds.
- folder 16: "Young Author Faces Success, 1936" [poem by Read (sp?) Bain] T(carbon)D.S? 3p.
- folder 17: Two photographs of Sophus Keith Winther
- folders 18–19: Newspaper clippings, ca. 1936–1964
- folder 20: Scrapbook of clippings
- Inscribed photograph of Carlotta O'Neill, Oct. 1933.
- Inscribed photograph of Eugene O'Neill, Nov. 1933
- To Carlotta (inscription to final longhand script, "Mourning Becomes Electra") facsimile, no. 30. Inscribed by Carlotta Monterey O'Neill to Sophus Keith Winther.