This list gives the collection name, date range and number of items in a collection followed by a very brief description of the contents of the collection. All of these collections are related to Abraham Lincoln.BLAIR MSS.
- DATE RANGE: 1843-1881
- ITEM COUNT: 64 items
- Papers of Montgomery Blair, lawyer and postmaster general in Lincoln's cabinet. Letters from 1860-1865 deal with the 1860 election, cabinet changes and Lincoln's assassination.
- DATE RANGE: 1877-1938
- ITEM COUNT: 15 items
- Correspondence of Lincoln collector Robert Coster, relating to Abraham Lincoln.
- DATE RANGE: ca. 1941
- ITEM COUNT: 18 items
- Watercolors of John Steuart Curry, illustrator, which he prepared for illustrating the Limited Editions Club volume of the The Literary Works of Abraham Lincoln.
- DATE RANGE: 1950-1953
- ITEM COUNT: 40 items
- Correspondence and copies of correspondence of Marjorie Latta (Barstow) Greenbie and Sydney Greenbie, authors. The Greenbies wrote on Lincoln-related topics.
- DATE RANGE: 1860-1940
- ITEM COUNT: 178 items
- Typewritten copies of correspondence of educator George Philip Hambrecht relating to Lincolniana.
- DATE RANGE: 1798-1959
- ITEM COUNT: 352 items
- Papers of Abraham Lincoln, members of his family, members of his cabinet, other persons closely connected with him and writings about Lincoln.
- DATE RANGE: 1766-1914
- ITEM COUNT: 15,749 items
- Papers of Hugh McCulloch, U.S. Comptroller of Currency, 1863-65 and later Secretary of the Treasury.
- DATE RANGE: 1957-1959
- ITEM COUNT: 171 items
- Producer's copy of the play "Lincoln in Indiana, 1816- 1830," adapted by Lee Roy Norvelle, professor of speech and theatre at Indiana University. Filed in the collection are copies of letters and speeches of Abraham Lincoln which have an Indiana connection.
- DATE RANGE: 1844-1939
- ITEM COUNT: 3,140 items
- Letters and papers of Joseph Benjamin Oakleaf, lawyer of Moline, Illinois, relating principally to Lincolniana.
- DATE RANGE: 1864-1909
- ITEM COUNT: 54 items
- Letters and papers of Osborn Hamiline Oldroyd, Lincoln collector and museum curator, relating to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
- DATE RANGE: 1874-1932
- ITEM COUNT: 51 items
- Notebooks made by Kate A. Thompson, 1855?-1942, between 1918 and 1926, investigating the legitimacy of Nancy Hanks, Lincoln.s mother.
- DATE RANGE: 1820-1958
- ITEM COUNT: 3,646 items
- Correspondence and papers of Kenneth Powers Williams, professor of mathematics at Indiana University and author of Lincoln Finds a General.
The Manuscripts Department of the Lilly Library also holds a number of Civil War era collections which pertain to the study of Abraham Lincolon. Contact the Manuscripts Department for further information.
The Book Department of the Lilly Library also holds a large collection of miscellaneous uncataloged material related to Lincoln. Request further information.